Friday, April 20, 2012

The "My Children are Under Quarantine" Workout

Yesterday my 4 yr old was diagnosed with strep... Fun stuff. And since I haven't been puked on yet today, I figured it would be a good day to squeeze in a workout while disinfecting. I'm going to keep this real, since I'm sure all you mom's have been there.

Necessary Equipment:

Not sure if this is even enough....


Optional Equipment:




#1 - Keep Sicky away from you Chest Press



#2 - Wax On Wax Off - AKA Scrub EVERY imaginable surface in your home.




#3 - 10.7 oz Clorox Bicep Curls



#4 - Cardio/Lower Body - RUN away from sick child if #1 doesn't work.




#5 - When all else fails, lift a ginormous glass of wine to your mouth repeatedly until empty. Alcohol kills germs right??




L-O-L Disclosures: Yes, my pictures suck, my boyfriend has my camera. Yes, I'm drinking, it's after 5 pm. No, I do not normally look this ragged (side effect of having a sick child). And no, Clorox in no way compensated me for using/advertising their products, it is my own belief that their product will keep me safe from the evil germs.


Hope you all have an awesome (healthy) weekend!!!

And thanks for sharing a little laugh with me today :)

8 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Ugh strep is rampant lately. Hope the germs are dead and gone fast. Thing 2 was home sick today as well. Really puts a cramp on workouts.

confessionsofafatmomma said...

Lol I love this post. Strep sucks. Luckly my son has never been sick only with pink eye. I love the part about alcohol kills germs lol

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Haha, this post made me laugh! Hope the little ones get better soon!
:)

Tara Burner said...

hope sicky has a quick recovery!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the laugh! No, not laughing at having a sick child, but empathizing as I had two sick kids at home this week. Went through a lot of Purell and laundry detergent. Laid off the wine though; I need my immune system to be STRONG!
Hope child is on the mend...

Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl said...

LOL. Love the optional equipment. Awe man, strep sucks. I remember having it as a kid. I was down for a week straight. My hair got major tangled from just tossing and turning from being sick. It took my mom like 2 hours to get it out.

Hope for a speedy recovery!

Suz and Allan said...

Hope the strep is gone!

Laima said...

yuck - hate when the little ones get sick...