I'm going to have a 10 day Sugar Free Challenge for myself again and whoever would like to join. Why 10 days? Simply because that was a perfect amount of time for me. The 10 days gave my body time to go through withdrawals, detox and feel great by the end! I know most of you probably aren't looking to make a permanent sugar free change, but instead maybe just cut out your daily soda habit or kick your sweet tooth to the curb? This is a perfect way to make that change. (FYI - Before the challenge I was a 60+ oz per day Diet Coke addict, haven't touched it since!)
The rules of the challenge are simple:
- No Processed Sugars - Read labels - Sugar is in practically every processed food!
- No Artificial Sweetners - Yes this includes diet soda :)
- No Fruit Juice - Super high in sugar :(
- Fruit is OK :)
- Your going to feel great because you will consuming a clean, processed food free diet!
Here are some links from Alex at Spoonful of Sugar Free - Feel free to utilize her blog for information and amazing sugar free recipes :)
- Beware of Hidden Sugars - List of alternative sugar names and strange foods sugar is in.
- Are you a Sugar Addict? - Problems that sugar causes and how to tell if your addicted. Also has the video, Sugar - The Bitter Truth, long video but very informative if you can make the time!
- 10 ways to Kick Sugars Butt - How to take those first steps to rid yourself of SUGAR!
Now that you've got all that reading done.... Are you ready to commit??
If you're ready to try 10 days without sugar let me know in a comment!
Also let me know what your main reason is for wanting to go sugar free :)
Also if you can commit to 10 days Sugar Free you get an extra entry into my
ViewSPORT giveaway going on now!
Also feel free to post any questions regarding the challenge you may have!